MPHM is designed for working professionals, non-traditional and returning students, recent graduates and anyone who interested in developing plant health expertise.
Students from all academic majors can apply. Applicants should have at least a college-level biology, plant biology, microbiology or chemistry course.
Prospective students come from an array of fields:
- Professionals in the agriculture industry; turf and landscape industries; retail garden centers; forestry/natural resource management; certified crop advisers
- Seed Industry/Plant Industry/Animal Plant Health Inspection agencies
- Extension personnel
- Agriculture and science teachers and others seeking in-service training
- Business and legal professionals seeking specializations in plant health and pest management (e.g., environmental, regulatory, and/or intellectual property aspects)
- Professionals from other fields who wish to pursue plant health management careers
- Non-traditional and returning students
- Others seeking advanced training in plant health management